(This privacy statement should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions on our website)
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
Maldini believes that your personal information is your most valuable asset and that it should be protected.
Maldini is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently. This Privacy Statement outlines our practices when it comes to personal information and it forms part of the terms and conditions for our employment relationships and relationships with our customers and service providers.
Maldini cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device. When subscribing to our newsletter you consent to receive communications from us via email or SMS. You will be able to, at all times, opt out of either of these forms of communication.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information that we collect depends on the type of products and services that you choose to make use of when you browse online, subscribe to our newsletter or shop in store.
Generally, we collect the following information:
- your name, surname, identity/passport number, contact information and residential and/or postal address;
- any other form of personal information that we may reasonably require to offer any of our products or services to you;
- details of the resources that you access to visit our website, i.e. URL addresses or traffic data, etc
- information about the type of device that you have used to visit our website, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available;
them at www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies help us create, develop, and understand your purchasing behaviour enabling us to provide you with a more personalised experience. A cookie does not in any way allow us access to your device. Cookies allow us to analyse website visits and usage data to understand product preferences and appeal. This allows us
to improve our website for you.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect personal information directly from you and, depending on the type of products/services used by you, it may be collected when you:
- visit our website or one of our social media platforms;
- shop with us as a customer;
- give us your details for an item request;
- engage with us online, telephonically or on social media, by SMS, email or via Whatsapp;
- sign up for our newsletters;
- enter any of our competitions.
DO YOU HAVE TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US?
For us to provide you with our products/services we may have to collect and process your personal information. This means that the processing of your personal information may be required and should you not wish for us to do so you will not be able to continue with purchasing our products/services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This will depend on the type of product/service that you are using, but your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to collect a payment from you;
- to contact you to market our products and other offerings which you may be interested in, provided that you have agreed to receive such offers;
- to protect our legal rights and carry out any legal obligations;
- to improve personalised marketing offers to you by monitoring your buying patterns and using credit bureau data;
- to the extent necessary in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety laws, in relation to your presence at the Maldini premises.
- There will also be instances where we are required by law or have another justification to process your information. We have a legitimate interest to process your personal information in order for us to promote our business, brands and products and services:
- to contact you with information about our products and services after we presented you with an option to opt-in;
- to deliver tailored advertising (including via social media);
- to personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes/profile;
- to administer and monitor our website, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to.
We do not generally share your personal information with third parties, but there are instances where we are required by law to do so; where we need to do so in order to provide you with our services and / or where you have consented to us sharing your information with third parties. Where we share your information with service providers, we conclude agreements (where possible) to ensure that your personal information is only used for the purpose for which we collected it from you.
We will share personal information:
- to manage and operate your accounts, i.e. send you communication;
- to instruct our debt collectors or attorneys if your account is in arrears;
- to submit reports to any of our regulators, SARS or Ombuds;
- to maintain any special offers/products/subscriptions/services you have taken up with us;
- to provide information to our core service providers and third-party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, picking, packaging, processing orders, fulfilling deliveries, customer support, fraud detection, credit risk reduction checks and IT systems support, as well as insurance cover (if applicable) with the relevant service provider.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORAMTION?
Protecting and securing your information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure. We stay up to date with industry best practice and the latest technologies. Should you have any questions regarding the safety of your personal information you are welcome to contact our offices on email@example.com .
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as any contractual and legal requirements, credit risk, fraud detection and customer service periods require, as well as to comply with regulatory requirements, and the resolution of disputes or fraud prevention.
If you are a minor (under the age of 18 years) please ensure that you have your parent / guardian’s permission to browse our website. Your parent / guardian must ensure that they consent on your behalf to the processing activities set out in this statement.
It is very important to us that you are aware of your rights when it comes to your personal information and we therefore need to inform you of the following options:
- you may enquire what personal information we hold and process about you;
- you may ask us to update, correct and / or delete your personal information;
- you may unsubscribe from any of our direct marketing communication;
- you may object to us processing your personal information.
To update, correct or delete your information (where possible), please contact your sales consultant on our contact details listed. We ask you to inform us when your personal information changes so that we can keep your details up to date.
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA)
If you are not happy with our response, or you feel aggrieved in any manner whatsoever, you may contact the Information Regulator using the contact details below:
Head Office: +27 10 023 5200
Cellphone: +27 82 746 4173
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will always ensure that the latest version is shown on our website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us on: email@example.com